Search Firm: Electronic Search
Job Title: Account Manager – Sales ID#5211
Location: Dover, NJ
Electronic Search is seeking an Account Manager – Sales for our client. The Account Manager/Sales (AM/S) primary responsibility is to generate a large quantity of new business leads and proposals for the agency. The AM/S generates research on prospects and assembles reports to use in attracting and inciting prospects’ interest in the agency. Also, the AM/S maintains the prospect database, makes and keeps appointments, cold calls leads and prospects, maintains and follow-up on regular mailings to prospects, looks for new leads, creates prospect profiles, and stays up to date on correspondence relating to all prospect contacts.
• Practices effective sales efforts resulting in a steady increase of new business.
• Wins profitable new accounts.
• Coordinates projects/jobs for smooth, efficient operation of new business effort.
• Communicates effectively between the agency, clients and vendors.
• By utilizing active listening, truly seeks to understand the clients’ needs and then convinces them the agency can meet those needs.
• Uses “client notebooks”/contact files to keep detailed documentation of all contacts for each prospect, and all research/reports/sales information used or created for use in selling to each prospect.
• Keeps timely contact with prospects through regular, systematic mailings, phone calls, appointments and correspondence.
• Keeps thorough records on all prospects so others can handle AM/S responsibilities during an absence.
• Maintains New Business Database that: identifies target prospects; records product/market information about the prospect; tracks all contacts with the prospect including mailings, calls, appointments, and correspondence.
• Follows-up on all prospect meetings with letters/agency literature.
• In preparation for future growth, creates, refines, and documents the entire sales system in a manner that will easily allow training of another New Business person, including each minute process including such things as scripting of sales calls/meetings, proper attire, software requirements, presentation strategies, etc.
• Looks for new business leads by building contacts with select industry trade publications and organizations, business and civic groups; fills out Prospect Profile forms for President’s review and approval for adding to Prospect list; adds to prospect list with approved leads gained from business contacts, networking, etc.
• In conjunction with President, researches and constructs reports on selected prospects/industries/products for use as “intelligent marketing tool” in sales efforts with prospects.
• Represents agency in the community through business/civic organizations.
• Inventories all materials/supplies needed to continue new business efforts uninterrupted, including mailing pieces, agency brochure, agency newsletters and other promotional literature, letterhead, press release forms, etc., and alerts Production if there is a need to restock.
• Meets with agency Account Services team including President to keep them informed of new business opportunities gained from New Business effort; transfers prospect contact to President/Account Services team when agency is ready to “go” in.
• Adds input to marketing plans/proposals when prospect is elevated to account status; shares all available research and industry information for this purpose.
• Works with account team to understand opportunities to cross-sell services and ideas to build the business with them.
• Develops specific program ideas to “sell” to existing clients, in an effort to expand the agency’s relationship with the clients.
• Identifies partnership opportunities for clients, with organizations both within and outside of the agency’s client base.
• Continually works to upgrade knowledge and skills through available reading, courses and seminars.
• Performs additional duties and projects as assigned by President.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact well with other staff members, clients, businesses.
• Highly organized and able to meet high standards for quality and accuracy while meeting tight deadlines.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with at least five (5) to seven (7) years agency experience or similar sales.
• 50 – 55K base + commission
If you are interested in this role or know someone who please forward resumes to email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.