Search Firm: LightSpeed Human Capital Management (www.wirelessxfactor.com)
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Reston, VA
Dept. / Section: Professional Services Organization (PSO)
Position in Organization
• Reports To: North America Services Manager
• Directly Supervises: None
• Indirectly Supervises: Project team (cross‐functional members per project)
• The role will be based in Reston, United States
• The role will require 20%‐40% travel time (for project kick offs, customer workshops, 1‐2 week acceptance cycles, and ad hoc project meetings at customer site)
The Project Manager has prime responsibility for the lifecycle management of projects that fulfill commitments to deliver complex computer based applications to customers within the time, costs, quality standards and contractual obligations defined whilst managing risk for the company and the client. The key responsibilities of the role are:
• Successful planning and delivery of complex system integrated applications that meet the defined business and operational goals agreed with the customer. Includes appointment and management of all project personnel during the project lifecycle and ensuring all parties act as a team to achieve common objectives defined.
• Reporting of project progress to the Project Board / Steering Committee and all relevant parties. Actively driving senior management focus on the project.
• Manage and successfully conclude escalations, change controls and risks across all organization levels of all parties involved.
• Management of risk at all stages of the pre‐sales and post‐sales engagement including business, operational, technical, contractual, commercial, and resource issues.
• Reporting Profit & Loss performance ensuring that commercial and technical risk are minimized to achieve target project margin and that invoices are issued to the customer for the payment milestones achieved.
• Managing relationships with system integrators, partners, suppliers and other 3rd parties involved in a project. Setting and managing realistic expectations of all parties.
• Compliance with the company’s project quality standards to manage projects according to the company’s Project Methodology. Includes executing all phases of the project lifecycle including planning, development, integration, testing, customer acceptance, training & hand‐over to support.
The Project Manager is a key role and is responsible for the success of our projects. The role is vital in establishing and maintaining the company’s reputation and credibility as a provider of effective solutions that meet a customer’s operational and business needs.
Experience and Skills Required
• At least 10 years experience of delivering complex system integrated business application projects as part of a professional services organization in the telecommunications enterprise solutions market.
• Past experience in preferably more than one core role (e.g., consulting, project management and operations).
• Background in application software or good understanding of the development lifecycle and environment.
• Mandatory that the candidate has knowledge in delivering projects in the mobile network domain.
• Knowledge and experience of the RAN environment, and RF optimization techniques / principles would be a distinct advantage.
• Deep knowledge of the global mobile telecommunications market, specifically the tier one operator.
• Deep understanding of the direct and partner‐lead sales environment, culture and challenges for solution and service engagement sales.
• Experience and deep knowledge of planning, setting up and running complex system integration projects in customer environment delivered directly or with partners.
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.
This resource about a business management degree online may be of interest to
those who want to advance their management skills.