LightSpeed Human Capital Management: Mobile Core Product Marketing Lead, Santa Clara, CA, USA
Search Firm: LightSpeed Human Capital Management (www.wirelessxfactor.com)
Job Title: Mobile Core Product Marketing Lead
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
The role will be constituting and strengthening existing Product Marketing practices such as instituting a market-oriented approach, accelerating the sales cycle through programs, thought leadership and sales tools, competitive analysis and business case development.
The successful candidate must have a solid track record of launching products, developing customer mindshare, working closely with a fast moving field organization, building relationships with technical team and providing exceptional feedback to Engineering and Architect teams for product development.
This position reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
• Become the go-to-person for field sales for all go-to-market activities (position, market and present) for our client’s platforms targeted for the mobile core market
• Keep tract of the sales cycle of our client’s solutions within Tier 1s and develop strategies to assist sales, product management and engineering to shorten the cycle
• Lead product launches in conjunction with product management for our client’s Smart Capacity platforms
• Constitute a market-oriented approach for product development (MRD development) in a highly-technically oriented organization for mobile core. Work with Business Working Group to institute MRD discipline.
• Clearly articulate the business and technical value of our client’s Smart Capacity solutions to channel partners, customers, field sales
• Develop timely sales tools and programs for sales teams so they can be successful to position, sell and engage operators with the goal of expanding the company’s presence in the mobile core, especially in 4G networks
• Develop ROI models (CAPEX, OPEX) and business cases with assistance of product marketing team
• Extensively develop presentations
• Be the keeper, producer and go to source of information for competitive analysis
• Provide timely dissemination of our client’s point-of-views for industry, competitive announcements within mobile core space
• As internal expert for mobile core space, disseminate information regarding market trends and key activities of major vendors to engineering, product management and sales
Education and Work Experience:
• 10+ years product marketing or solutions marketing experience with demonstrated success in the service provider space with at least 3 years working for a successful mobile packet gateway (GGSN/PDSN) or DPI product company
• High degree of flexibility and willingness to do what is required to ensure success
• Outstanding presentation, written and oral communications skills. Highly skilled in PPT and creating sales tools – white papers, presentations, business cases, ROI models
• Demonstrated thought leadership in the mobile operator space
• Solid domain and technical knowledge – should be able to participate in technical discussions or conversations
• Superb understanding of mobile operator business models, mobile core network and services direction
• Knowledge of video delivery/content delivery networking, transparent caching, Radio Access Networks a plus
• B.S. Engineering, M. Engr/MS or MBA a plus
• Travel +/- 25%
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.