Search Firm: LightSpeed Human Capital Management (www.wirelessxfactor.com)
Job Title: Platform Applications Product Marketing Manager
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
Our client is building out its Product Marketing team to propel the company to its next phase of growth. The Sr. Product Marketing position for Platform Applications is responsible for marketing our client’s platforms for Mobile Core applications and services for 3G and emerging 4G networks. Our client’s solutions have become the dominant platform for network performance and video user quality of experience management, with over 36 video optimization wins. This highly visible role will work closely with Marketing, Product Management, Sales and Engineering Architects to piece together go-to-market strategies, leveraging exceptional internal capabilities, knowledge of customer requirements and understanding of near term market trends to market our client’s solutions for mobile packet core applications across the US, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
The role will be constituting and strengthening existing Product Marketing practices such as instituting a market-oriented approach, accelerating the sales cycle through programs, thought leadership and sales tools, competitive analysis and business case development.
The successful candidate must have a solid track record of launching products, developing customer mindshare, working closely with a fast moving field organization, building relationships with technical teams and providing exceptional feedback to Engineering and Architect teams for product development.
This position reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
• Become the internal marketing expert for integrating our client’s mobile core solutions into the operator’s policy framework with the purpose of developing new services (e.g. Tiered Services)
• Be the internal marketing expert for integrating our client’s video delivery products into the mobile core
• Execute go-to-market activities (position, market and present) for our client’s platforms targeted for the mobile core market
• Keep tract of the sales cycle of our client’s solutions within Tier 1s and develop strategies to assist sales, product management and engineering to shorten the cycle
• Lead product launches in conjunction with product management for our client’s platform applications
• Constitute a market-oriented approach for product development (MRD development) in a highly-technically oriented organization for mobile core. Work with Business Working Group to institute MRD discipline.
• Clearly articulate the business and technical value of our client’s solutions to channel partners, customers, field sales
• Develop timely sales tools and programs for sales teams so they can be successful to position, sell and engage operators with the goal of expanding the company’s presence in the mobile core, especially for new operator services (e.g. Tiered Services)
• Develop ROI models (CAPEX, OPEX) and business cases with assistance of product marketing team
• Extensively develop presentations
• Be the keeper, producer and go to source of information for competitive analysis
• Provide timely dissemination of our client’s point-of-views for industry, competitive announcements within mobile core application and services space
• As internal expert for mobile core applications space, disseminate information regarding market trends and key activities of major vendors to engineering, product management and sales
Education and Work Experience:
• 10+ years product marketing or solutions marketing experience with demonstrated success in the service provider space with at least 3 years working for a successful mobile policy control company
• Strong understanding of 3GPP PCRF, PCEF and Tiered Services and trends
• Strong understanding or video delivery networks or transparent caching a plus
• High degree of flexibility and willingness to do what is required to ensure success
• Outstanding presentation, written and oral communications skills. Highly skilled in PPT and creating sales tools – white papers, presentations, business cases, ROI models
• Demonstrated thought leadership in mobile applications and services spaces
• Solid domain and technical knowledge – should be able to participate in technical discussions or conversations
• Superb understanding of mobile operator business models and services direction
• B.S. Engineering, M. Engr/MS or MBA a plus
• Travel +/- 25%
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.