Position: Mobile Developer Evangelist
Location: San Jose, CA
PayPal seeks a Mobile Developer Evangelist for its San Jose, CA office.
As Mobile Developer Evangelist, you will be a key player to spearhead X.com – mobile developer community dedicated to developer outreach and promotion of the PayPal’s developer platform. You will showcase and articulate all facets of application development intelligently and enthusiastically to developers, developer managers and senior management . You will be promoting our open services and products for mobile devices, cultivating new relationships, and working directly with in-house mobile development teams to develop and improve their developer offerings. You should be able to understand and help drive the big picture but not be afraid to get into the details of code and be willing to respectfully challenge the status quo in the development of new programs and initiatives. You will thrive as a key member of a small team in a startup-like environment with the resources and reach of a global Internet brand where open communication, accountability, and measurable results are key values.
The Mobile Developer Evangelist helps lead PayPal’s outreach to the mobile development community, creating excitement around our APIs and services, and aiding developers in their integration with PayPal technologies. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of technical savvy, marketing acumen, and strategic thinking and be immediately credible with developers of all levels, from hobbyists to CIOs.. The perfect candidate will have proven expertise as part of establishing a Developer Program for a leading web platform and have a deep understanding of mobile platforms and operating systems, and prefers working with customers and partners to a hands-on engineering role.
• Collaborating with internal teams to define the roadmap, market positioning, and promotion of developer initiatives as part of their product offerings
• Building excitement and passion around PayPal’s open platform service offerings through a variety of methods: blogs, sample applications on various mobile platforms, discussions, conferences, press events, and trade shows
• Identify and engage strategic partners and vendors that can enhance or benefit from PayPal’s broad suite of technology offerings
• Maintain market knowledge of industry, competition, developer needs and consumer behaviors
• Developing, defining, and championing internal processes for deploying open services
• Engage influencers and third-party communities to evangelize the X.com platform
• Educate internal teams on developer needs and define and drive cross functional execution to build tools to help developers take advantage of PayPal’s technologies
• Establish metrics to analyze and track performance
• Target and build relationships with developers, boutique SIs and large SIs
• Deliver articulate, effective, and audience-appropriate presentations and demonstrations with technically oriented content
• Define and deliver the online Jive developer community – the “on ramp” to the Jive App Store
• Manage the content and Jive API documentation for the Jive developer community
• Assist in the testing of APIs and the Jive App Store acceptance criteria
• Develop example Jive Apps to showcase the power of the Jive platform
• You must be a proven performer and self-starter who is ready to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial-type environment within PayPal and is capable of leading projects across the organization and with external partners
• 6-8 years of work experience in mobile application development, mobile platforms and operating systems, technical program management, technical evangelism, product management, account management, or professional service roles for related web technologies
• With proven track record as a key contributor to a commercially successful application
• Passion for technology and technologists, and an ability to quickly come up to speed on new mobile platforms, standards and subjects
• Deep and practical understanding of the application development process. Ability to understand the needs of external developers and match them to the value of PayPal’s technology platforms, resulting in increased awareness and adoption of PayPal’s stack
• Excellent analytical, presentation, and oral and written communication skills
• Experience with managing small to mid-size projects, managing deliverables from design through development and implementation
• Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
• Demonstrated ability to influence others and work collaboratively across functions and product groups to achieve results
• Job may entail travel to attend and speak at conferences, to evangelize internally across PayPal’s global technical centers, and otherwise represent PayPal around the world
• BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree
To apply, please send your MS Word resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.